Payment is expected when services are rendered. We accept debit cards, credit cards (American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover) checks, and cash. All cards must be signed by the owner of the card.
Scratchpay provides pet parents with simple transparent plans. Scratchpay is not a credit card so applying will not affect your credit score. Most pet parents are approved with affordable rates as low as 0% APR. You can apply by calling or texting PAY to 855-727-2395.
We offer CareCredit because we know pets are family too. Whether it’s a routine checkup or emergency surgery, you shouldn’t have to worry about how to get the best medical care for the pet you love. That’s why we’re pleased to offer CareCredit®, North America’s leading client payment program. CareCredit lets you say “yes” to the best treatment for your pet immediately, and pay for it over time with low monthly payments that fit easily into your budget.
CareCredit works just like a regular credit card, but without high interest rates, annual fees or pre-payment penalties. CareCredit offers no-interest for up to 6 months and low interest payment terms, zero hidden fees, and low minimum monthly payments. You can use your CareCredit card over and over for all your pet’s follow-up care as well as annual exams and vaccines. So you can focus on what really matters, like playing fetch and learning new tricks.
LEARN MORE by visiting CareCredit.com or asking us for details.
Ready to apply? Apply online for your CareCredit card today.
Insurance For Your Pets
Pet Insurance 101
1. Insurers differ.
All pet insurance is not the same. Some insurance plans cover accidents to your pet, but not illnesses. Some plans cover treatment for cancer, some don’t. It can be confusing, so you will need to do some research.
2. Don’t just look at the price.
A low price is no bargain if your insurance company denies your pet’s claim. Cheaper policies tend to provide less coverage. Will the cheapest pet policy cover your dog’s cancer treatment? Probably not.
3. You can use any veterinarian you want.
Not sure if Appanasha accepts pet insurance? Don’t worry, this is not an issue. All pet insurance companies will allow claims from any licensed veterinarian.
4. You have to pay the veterinary bill out of your own pocket.
With human health insurance, your doctor invoices your insurance company and you may never even see the bill. However, with pet insurance, you have to pay your veterinary bill and then submit your claim to your insurance company for reimbursement. (This is because pet insurance is considered a form of property insurance.)
5. Pre-existing conditions are not covered.
Not ever. Think of it this way: if you got into a car accident and then tried to buy auto insurance the next day, do you think it would be fair to expect the insurance company to pay for your accident?
6. Is pet insurance worth it?
Pet insurance protects you from large, unexpected vet bills. If your pet’s serious health problem would force you to go into debt or consider euthanasia, pet insurance could be for you.
Pet Insurance Checklist
Download the Pet Insurance Checklist
- Think about what you would like pet insurance to do for you:
Help cover cost of preventive/annual veterinary care?
Provide peace of mind in case of catastrophic injury or illness?
- Search for a pet insurance company that is is stable and that has been around for a few years.
- Look for companies with veterinary professionals on staff.
- Avoid waiting periods if possible.
- Examine cancellation policies. Will the insurance company reimburse you for premiums you paid but were not earned?
- Choose a policy with broad coverage and know what is not covered:
Accidents and Illness?
- Understand pre-existing clauses and what happens upon renewal. Be aware that with some plans, any illness or injury incurred during the previous plan year will become pre-existing upon renewal.
- Check to see if any breeds are not covered or if premiums are higher for certain breeds.
- Review any age limits for coverage.
- If you have more than one pet, look for multiple pet discounts.
- Understand how claims are paid and what should be submitted to the insurance company.
- Analyze the cost of insurance against your anticipated out-of-pocket expenses during the life of the pet with or without major veterinary care.
- Consider what your spending limit would be for catastrophic injury, illness or chronic health problems.
Pumpkin Insurance is our preferred insurance option through Zoetis and is highly recommended by APC clients and staff.
Need Additional Help?
FIND THE BEST PET INSURANCE FOR YOUR BREED
The smartest way to buy the right plan at the best price.
Pawlicy.com is an informative insurance site, that helps owners FIND the best insurance options and pools all the insurances in Vet med into one location.
Personalized recommendations, Compare top providers side-by-side, and Uncover hidden savings on pet insurance. Get your pet’s insurance quote through PawlicyAdvisor.